If you love dessert, then you’ll love these Heart-Shaped Raspberry Pies. Dessert doesn’t have to mean derailing your healthy diet—and this festive recipe will keep you on track. Whip up a batch of these mini Raspberry Pies for a Valentine’s Day treat you can make all year round.
Complete with a homemade crust and complemented by a homemade raspberry filling, this recipe is just as delicious as your calorie-filled favorite. To make this delicious dessert, simply combine flour, sugar, butter and water to create a dough-like consistency. Refrigerate this crust for two hours and while refrigerating, whip up the filling by combining raspberries, corn starch and lemon juice. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a flour-covered surface. Cut 12 hearts (or your shape of choice!) out of the dough and place on a greased baking sheet. Add a spoonful of the homemade raspberry filling to six of the hearts and top each with another heart-shaped cutout, pressing down the edges to seal the raspberry filling in the pie. Pro tip: Use a fork to crimp the sides and cut a “+” into the center of each mini pie. Top each pie with egg wash and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the sides are set.
Made with love and straight from the heart (no pun intended!), each of these pies clocks in at just 164 calories each. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one SmartCarb and three Extras. And remember to log each pie in the NuMi App to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log these Heart-Shaped Raspberry Pies right here in NuMi >
Sweet tooth got your temptations running? Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with a few more of our favorite dessert recipes that you can enjoy with ZERO guilt:
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites >
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Muffins >
- Black Bean Brownie Dip >
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 pie = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 164
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 3 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend
- 8 Tbsp. lite butter
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Egg wash: ½ egg yolk beaten with a splash of water
- Cookie Cutters (heart-shaped optional)
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1. Mix together flour and sugar. Add in butter and water and mix together until a dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a separate bowl, stir together raspberries, corn starch and lemon juice. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out pie dough with a rolling pin. Cut into about 12 hearts using a cookie cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Add a spoonful of filling on half of the hearts. Top with other heart crust. Press down the edges to seal then use a fork to crimp the sides. Cut a “+” in the center of the heart.
- Brush the top of each hand pie with egg wash.
- Bake pies at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes just until sides are set.