Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLTRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Ahhh, the classic BLT. There’s just something about savory bacon and crispy lettuce atop golden, toasty bread. Add a little mayonnaise and you’ve got perfection in a sandwich. While everyone loves a good BLT, it rarely fits into a healthy diet let alone a weight loss plan. But with a few simple swaps, you can enjoy your BLT and lose weight, too! Our Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT satisfies all of your sandwich cravings without sabotaging your weight loss.
This healthy sandwich was inspired by the popular lunchtime pick at Panera Bread. However, our version is perfectly portioned and lower in calories! While Panera Bread’s Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT contains 850 calories*, ours clocks in at just 223 calories.
To make this tasty twist on a classic sandwich, we made some nutritious yet delicious swaps. Instead of regular white bread as the base, a multigrain sourdough toast saves the day with a bold taste and extra fiber. Low-sodium turkey bacon is the perfect replacement for high-fat and high-salt pork bacon, while creamy avocado replaces the average mayonnaise spread. To make this dish extra satisfying, we also add some roasted turkey. (Got holiday leftovers? This is the perfect recipe to use up the rest of that bird!)
One serving of this Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem plan. While it’s a great healthy alternative to a regular BLT, it’s still important to keep track of it in your food journal for the best results. The NuMi app makes it easy to stay organized with your meal plan throughout your weight loss journey! Click here to quickly log this recipe in NuMi. >
Looking for more healthy sandwich recipes? Check out some of out the tasty ideas on The Leaf!:
- Lettuce Bun Deli Sandwich >
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich >
- 4-Ingredient Deli Cucumber Sandwich >
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich >
- Everything “Bagel” Breakfast Sandwich >
- Chicken Sausage and Peppers Sandwich >
- Egg Salad Pepper Sandwich >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
*Information taken from company website on 10/5/2021.
Calories per Serving: 223
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra
- 2 slices multigrain sourdough bread
- 2 oz. roasted turkey
- 2 slices turkey bacon, low sodium (cooked)
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 green lettuce leaves
- Toast both slices of bread.
- Top one slice of the bread with the turkey, lettuce, turkey bacon and tomato.
- Spread the avocado onto the other slice of bread and place it on top of the sandwich. Slice the finished sandwich in half.
- Optional: Instead of toasting the bread, you can assemble the sandwich and place it on a grill pan or panini press until both sides are golden.