Air Fryer Yogurt Custard Toast RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Main Courses, Snacks, Desserts
Balanced breakfasts don’t have to be complicated! Sometimes the most simple ingredients can create the most delicious recipes. The trendy Yogurt Custard Toast Recipe is proof that standard kitchen staples can come together to form something new, exciting, and most importantly, healthy!
This recipe was inspired by the viral TikTok custard yogurt toast recipe. With so many different takes and variations on this easy-to-make breakfast found on the social media platform, we decided to throw our hat in the ring!
We’ve cooked up this Nutrisystem-approved version of the popular treat so our members can partake without guilt. We also prepared it in an air fryer so you can quickly whip up a gourmet breakfast, even on those busy days!
Yogurt Custard Toast on Nutrisystem
Bread and yogurt are popular Nutrisystem grocery add-ins, so this trendy treat naturally fits into the Nutrisystem program with just a few easy swaps. It’s a delicious PowerFuel and SmartCarb combo that can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch or snack!
Instead of white bread that is low in fiber, be sure to choose a hearty, fiber-rich option such as multigrain or whole grain bread. Our recipe features multigrain sourdough bread.
We use nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt instead of full-fat to help you save some calories. You can also use a nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt and add your own flavor and sweetness with extracts (such as vanilla, raspberry or coconut) and stevia.
The toppings for Yogurt Custard Toast are also generally healthy, including various fresh fruits, chopped nuts, seeds and other crunchy additions. You can switch up the toppings each time you make it for a new and exciting meal every day!
Don’t forget to keep track of your meals in NuMi! You can log this recipe as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Extra in your NuMi app journal. If you’d like to count it as a full PowerFuel, simply add some extra chopped nuts to your slice.
How to Make Viral Yogurt Custard Toast (The Healthy Way!)
To make this easy Yogurt Toast, whisk together five ounces of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt with one egg, one tablespoon of honey and a quarter-teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Grab a spoon and use the back of it to indent four slices of multigrain sourdough bread, making sure to avoid the crust.
Spoon the yogurt mixture on top of the bread, then top each slice with some fresh berries. Cook your Yogurt Custard Toast at 350 degrees in the air fryer for five minutes. No air fryer? No problem! Simply bake it for 10 to 15 minutes in your oven instead! When it’s finished cooking, garnish with some crushed pistachios and cacao nibs before digging into this delicious, diet-friendly meal.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Start your day the healthy way! Check out these other nutritious breakfast recipes that fit into your weight loss plan:
- Cheddar Jalapeno Waffles >
- 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast >
- Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet >
- TikTok Tortilla Hack Breakfast Wrap >
- Baked Blueberry French Toast Casserole >
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast >
- French Onion Breakfast Naan Flatbread >
- Spinach Banana Pancakes >
Make your mornings easier (and more delicious!) with meal delivery from Nutrisystem! We bring perfectly portioned breakfasts directly to your door. From breakfast sandwiches to sweet muffins, you’ll be shocked that losing weight can taste so good. Get started today! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 slice)
Calories per Serving: 164
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 4 slices multigrain sourdough bread (or any other hearty bread)
- 5-6 oz. (~3/4 cup) nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/2 Tbsp. crushed pistachios
- 1/2 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, egg, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Use the back of a spoon to indent the inside of the bread slices, avoiding the crust. This should create a place to spoon the yogurt mixture.
- Spoon the yogurt custard on top of the bread.
- Top the bread with berries.
- Cook at 350°F in the air fryer for 5 minutes OR 10-15 minutes in the oven.
- Top toast with crushed pistachios and cacao nibs.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.