Start your day the healthy way with these lean, green pancakes that are packed with nutrition and delicious flavor. Featuring fiber-rich ingredients like whole wheat flour, banana and fresh spinach, it’s the perfect morning meal to keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
While you can whip up these pancakes any time of the year, they are perfect for special occasions like St. Patrick’s Day or Earth Day for a festively green meal. Better yet, top them with a red fruit for a Christmas-inspired breakfast!
Healthy Hacks: Feel free to get creative with your pancake toppings. We love them topped with blueberries but just about any fruit would be delicious, including strawberries, raspberries or sliced bananas for even more banana flavor. Want to add a PowerFuel? Pile on some low-fat Greek yogurt or a sprinkle of chopped walnuts or almonds. Dried coconut flakes would also be a tropical twist that’s perfect for summer. Add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup and you’ve got an extra special brunch (just be sure to count this towards your daily Extras in NuMi)!
Craving more hot, hearty and healthy pancakes? Check out the delicious flapjacks below:
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes >
- Irish “Potato” Pancakes >
- Pancake Breakfast Sandwich >
- Coconut Mango Pancake Recipe >
- Red, White and Blueberry Pancakes >
- Mini Pancake Bites >
- Easy Oatmeal Pancakes >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes >
- Mashed Potato Pancakes >
- Easy Sweet Potato Pancakes >
Don’t feel like making these homemade Spinach Banana Pancakes? Whether you’re short on time or just looking for something a little more convenient, Nutrisystem is here to help! You’ll love our perfectly portioned Homestyle Pancakes that are ready to enjoy in minutes. Whip them up in the microwave or toaster oven for a delicious morning meal that’s a good source of fiber. In addition to this frozen favorite, we also offer a High-Protein Pancake Mix that’s just as tasty! With 10 grams of protein per serving, it’s a great protein-packed way to start your day.
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 161
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Place spinach, banana, milk and egg into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if too thick.
- Add in flour and baking powder and blend.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and heat stove to medium-low heat. Pour about ¼ cup of batter for 1 pancake.
- Cook each pancake until bubbles form on the top and edges. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Place cooked pancakes onto a plate.