Banana French Toast Breakfast CasseroleRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Classic banana French toast takes on a new form as an easy-to-make breakfast casserole! Enjoy the same flavors and ingredients without the complicated steps in this simple Banana French Toast Casserole recipe that bakes to perfection in your oven. It’s perfect for weekend mornings and meal prepping!
Banana French Toast Made Simple
Skip the dipping, dunking and frying with this mess-free French Toast casserole that comes together easily. To make it, combine melted light butter and coconut sugar, then pour it into a baking pan. Slice up bananas and arrange the slices on the bottom of the pan.
Next, cut up multigrain bread into cubes and add them to the pan. Whisk together eggs, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut sugar and then pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
Cover and refrigerate the casserole for up to four hours. Bake it in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes uncovered or until it’s cooked through. The last step is to flip the casserole over so that the banana layer is on top. Slice it up and serve it up to your hungry family!
This Banana French Toast Casserole recipe makes 12 servings. Each serving clocks in under 200 calories (195 to be exact!). Losing weight on Nutrisystem? Log it into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and two Extras.
There are many ways to hack this healthy banana French toast bake. Not a fan of bananas? Swap in another fresh fruit that you enjoy. You can also choose your favorite high-fiber bread and spices.
If you’re watching your sugar intake, feel free to replace the coconut sugar with a zero-calorie option such as stevia or monk fruit. It’s just as delicious!
Have one more Extra to spare for the day? There are so many tasty additions that you can add to this Banana French Toast Casserole to take it up a notch:
- Go classic with maple syrup.
- Add some rich decadence with chocolate syrup or mini chocolate chips.
- Go tropical with unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Top your slice with a dollop of low-fat whipped cream.
More Healthy French Toast Inspired Recipes
Enjoy a sweet and delicious breakfast while sticking to your weight loss plan! Here are more French toast recipes that you can make on Nutrisystem:
Calories per Serving: 195
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup light butter, melted
- 3 ½ Tbsp. coconut sugar, divided
- 12 slices multigrain bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine butter and 1 ½ Tbsp. coconut sugar. Pour into a baking pan.
- Place banana slices on the bottom of the baking pan. Add the bread cubes on top.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and remaining 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered, or until cooked through.
- Flip the casserole over so that the banana layer is on top. Slice and serve.