Creamed Brussels SproutsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Move over spinach: Brussels sprouts are our new favorite creamed veggie! In this tasty twist on a classic side dish, tender Brussels sprouts are charred to perfection and coated in a creamy, dreamy, melty blend of half and half, milk, white cheddar and parmesan cheese. If you’re looking for a new healthy veggie for your Thanksgiving dinner table, this Creamed Brussel Sprouts recipe is a definite winner!
Not only are these creamy Brussels sprouts delicious but they’re also super easy to make. Get started by melting some light butter in an oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat on your stove top. Toss in some chopped onions with four cups of halved Brussels sprouts. Cook the vegetables for about six to eight minutes or until they are slightly charred. Season them with minced garlic, black pepper and Italian seasoning and continue cooking for another minute.
Turn off the stove and stir in the four ingredients that truly make this Thanksgiving side dish special: half and half, nonfat milk, shredded light white cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese. Place them into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then broil for one to two minutes before serving.
This Thanksgiving Brussels sprouts recipe makes a total of six 110-calorie servings. If you’re losing weight with Nutrisystem, you can log them into your NuMi app journal as one Vegetable and two Extras. Whether you enjoy these Creamed Brussels Sprouts at your holiday table or on a busy weeknight with the family, they are a delicious and nutritious way to help you achieve your four required daily vegetable servings!
Hungry for more Brussels sprouts? Get inspired by these other healthy veggie recipes:
- Crispy Brussels Sprout Chips With Garlic Aioli >
- 4-Step Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Bake >
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad >
- Roasted Red Onion Brussels Sprouts >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Savory Brussels Sprouts with Apple >
- Roasted Balsamic Fig and Brussels Sprouts >
- Brussels Sprout Skewers with Mustard Marinade >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Learn more about Nutrisystem >
Calories per Serving: 110
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup shredded lite white cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter on the stove top in an oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add in onions and Brussel sprouts and cook for 6-8 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Add in garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat. Stir in half and half, milk, white cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 1-2 minutes.