Instant Pot Ground Beef Sloppy Joe RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Recreating family favorite recipes with skinny substitutes and healthier ingredients is one of the slim-down secrets we swear by. Not only are you sharpening your cooking skills, but you also get to enjoy a meal you know and love. After all, deprivation is not the key to weight loss! We’ve put a healthy spin on a childhood classic that is sure to take you right back to family dinners at home. Learn how to make sloppy joes the healthy way using your Instant Pot and some simple swaps!
Slim-Down Secrets for Savory Homemade Sloppy Joes
There’s nothing like warm, homemade sloppy joes served over fresh whole grain bun. Lucky for you, you’ve found the best sloppy joe recipe! To make the dish weight loss-approved, we use a lean ground beef as the base to cut down on fat. We cook it up with some chopped onions, green peppers and minced garlic for plenty of flavor and fiber.
Our sloppy joe sauce includes a sweet, savory and smoky combination of tomato paste, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, black pepper and water. You can also add a little yellow mustard if you want some more tang! (Fun Fact: Yellow mustard is a Free Food on Nutrisystem.)
Five minutes in the Instant Pot and you’ve got hearty, healthy, homemade sloppy joes that are ready to be devoured. We recommend serving this protein-packed meal over whole wheat buns and adding toppings like crunchy coleslaw, pickles or any other additions that you enjoy.
Cook up this nutritious and delicious recipe for six servings of homemade sloppy joes! It’s a great meal to make ahead on the weekend for quick dinners all week long. Just heat and eat the leftovers!
Nutrition Facts for Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
One serving of this Instant Pot Ground Beef Sloppy Joe recipe contains 176 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it into your NuMi app journal as one PowerFuel and two Extras. Of course, if you add a bun, make sure to count this as a SmartCarb. We recommend choosing a whole grain bun that contains 80 to 120 calories with at least one gram of fiber. (The more fiber, the better!)
Healthy, Homemade Instant Pot Recipes
Hungry for more homemade meals in the Instant Pot? Check out the recipes below for some meal prep inspiration! Just like this easy sloppy joe recipe, they are quick to make and fit perfectly into your healthy meal plan.
- Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai >
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash Soup >
- Simple and Spicy Instant Pot Carnitas >
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Instant Pot Broccoli Potato Chowder >
- Instant Pot Beef Stew >
If you love healthy meals that are easy to prepare, you’ll love Nutrisystem! We send perfectly portioned versions of your favorite foods right to your door. Paired with our easy-to-follow meal plan and amazing support system, you’re set up for success from the start. Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¾ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Spray Instant Pot with nonstick spray and set to SAUTE.
- Once Instant Pot is hot, add olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and green peppers. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned and fully cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put lid onto the Instant Pot. Set Instant Pot toggle to SEAL and set to MANUAL for 5 minutes.
- When finished, quick release by moving toggle to RELEASE.
- Serve over whole wheat buns and top with coleslaw, pickles or any toppings of choice.