Instant Pot Broccoli Potato ChowderRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Once again, the infamous Instant Pot is here to satisfy your comfort food cravings while preserving your time AND weight loss success. With this handy countertop appliance, you can create healthy and delicious dinners in a snap that taste like they’ve been cooking for hours. Take this Instant Pot Broccoli Potato Chowder for example: While most chowder recipes take over an hour to prep and prepare, ours is ready in just about 30 minutes.
Just because we’ve shortened up the cook time, that doesn’t mean we’ve shorted you on the flavor. This delicious Instant Pot soup recipe features fresh onions, minced garlic, light butter, low-sodium chicken broth, black pepper, paprika and last not but certainly not least, crispy low-sodium turkey bacon. It’s sure keep you satisfied for hours with hearty chunks of potatoes, fiber-rich broccoli and a creamy broth thickened with nonfat milk and whole wheat flour.
This Instant Pot Broccoli Potato Chowder is the definition of comfort food. Despite tasting like a homestyle dish made by mom, it’s still healthy and Nutrisystem-approved! One serving contains 230 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. It’s a balanced Flex meal that fits perfectly into your weight loss plan. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
If you couldn’t already tell, we LOVE Instant Pot Recipes. That’s why we have so many creative meals and snacks that use this innovative cooking tool. From breakfast and lunch to dinner and dessert, you’re sure to find a few you love. Check out some of our most popular Instant Pot recipes below and let us know your favorite in the comments!:
Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes:
Instant Pot Lunch Recipes:
- Instant Pot Italian Lentils >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Simple and Spicy Instant Pot Carnitas >
Instant Pot Dinner Recipes:
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes:
Instant Pots definitely make cooking easier but sometimes you just need something ready in minutes! That’s why Nutrisystem creates your favorite meals and snacks in perfect portions with convenient home delivery. Whether you’re craving a Classic Hamburger or Chocolate Chip Cookies, we have something for you. Click here to shop our a la carte menu! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 230
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups white potato, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 cups broccoli
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 slices turkey bacon, low sodium
- Select the sauté function on the Instant Pot.
- Once hot, add turkey bacon and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and chop.
- Add butter to Instant Pot and sauté the garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to create a paste.
- Add potatoes and broth. Season with black pepper and paprika. Secure lid to seal and select manual for 5 minutes.
- Once complete, use natural release for 5 minutes and then release remaining steam.
- Turn back on sauté function and add milk and broccoli. Let cook for about 10 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
- Stir in chopped turkey bacon.