Instant Pot Chicken Pad ThaiRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Skip the stir fry and grab your Instant Pot! Chicken Pad Thai is made easy (and healthy!) with your favorite electric pressure cooker. If you’re tired of the same old Instant Pot Chicken recipes, this tasty twist on a Thai classic is sure to keep things interesting. It features all the flavors: It’s a little sweet, a little salty and a little spicy, so it can satisfy any craving you’re experiencing. Family meals have never been so delicious!
A One-Pot Chicken Dinner That’s Quick and Easy
Don’t be intimidated by all of the ingredients listed for this dish. It’s actually quite simple to prepare and comes together easily in your Instant Pot!
The first step is whisking together the sauce ingredients. We use a delicious combination of several pantry staples, including low sodium chicken broth, low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, minced garlic, ground ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice and honey.
Pour the sauce into your Instant Pot with diced chicken breast, shredded carrots and chopped green onions. Place the lid onto the Instant Pot, set to SEAL and pressure cook on Manual High for four minutes. When it’s finished cooking, allow for five minutes of natural pressure release. After the five minutes is up, move toggle to RELEASE.
Now it’s time to add the essential pad Thai ingredient: rice noodles! We use brown rice pad Thai noodles for extra fiber and nutrition. Add them to the Instant Pot and cover with the lid. Let the noodles steam for about 10 to 15 minutes. When the noodles are soft, also add in spiralized zucchini noodles, bean sprouts and shredded cabbage. Close the lid and let the meal sit for three minutes. Finally, toss the mixture together so that everything is well combined. Serve it up with some chopped peanuts, cilantro, chopped green onion and a lime wedge.
More Veggies, Steak and other Healthy Swaps
This Instant Pot Chicken recipe makes six servings, so it’s a great if you’re cooking dinner for the whole family or meal prepping for your weekly menu. It’s also great for your Nutrisystem weight loss plan: One serving contains 320 calories and can be logged as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving in your NuMi app journal.
While there is not enough vegetables in this recipe to count it as a full Vegetable serving, you can feel free to add more! Simply double up the amount of cabbage, carrots and zucchini that you use. You can also add in other favorite non-starchy veggie options, such as mushrooms, snow peas or sliced bell peppers.
You can also feel free to swap out the chicken with another protein-packed PowerFuel of your choice. Swap in a popular option like steak, or go with seafood by using shrimp or scallops. If you’re a vegetarian that eat eggs, you can use scrambled eggs or even tofu for a healthy plant-based meal.
Even More Instant Pot Recipes
Here at The Leaf, we love Instant Pot recipes. They are quick, easy and perfect for whipping up a healthy family feast without much effort! Add these other healthy Instant Pot recipes to your weight loss menu:
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie >
- Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash Soup >
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Instant Pot Broccoli Potato Chowder >
- Instant Pot Breakfast Cereal >
- Instant Pot Beef Stew >
- Easy Instant Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 320
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- ¼ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced into 1-1½” chunks
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 6 oz. brown rice pad Thai noodles
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Extra chopped green onion
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Place the diced chicken into the Instant Pot and pour in the sauce. Top with carrots and green onions.
- Top Instant Pot with the lid. Set to SEAL and pressure cook on Manual High for 4 minutes. At the end, allow for 5 minutes of natural pressure release. After the 5 minutes, move toggle to RELEASE.
- Remove lid, add rice noodles and toss. Close lid and let it steam for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Once noodles are soft, add zucchini noodles, bean sprouts and shredded cabbage. Close lid and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Toss mixture until well coated. Serve with chopped peanuts, cilantro, chopped green onion and a lime wedge.