Crab cakes are a summer classic, and this recipe livens up this already delicious recipe by making a few simple swaps. Let us introduce you to our Jackfruit Crab Cakes — a mouthwatering recipe that brings out the sweet and simple tastes of summer to combine these flavors into a delicious patty.
This recipe is a must-try addition to your summer menu. Haven’t jumped on the jackfruit bandwagon yet? This summer fruit is often used as a vegan alternative to an array of dishes. Learn all about this versatile fruit here >
This six-step meal is perfect for those on-the-go summer nights. To make these Jackfruit Crab Cakes, simply drain and wash the jackfruit and place the fruit in a food processor to process the fruit into smaller, crab-like pieces. Add in diced red pepper, onion, egg, Dijon mustard, old bay and panko bread crumbs. Thoroughly combine these ingredients with the jackfruit and form “crab” cakes, setting each on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for a half an hour and then place the Jackfruit Crab Cakes in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes. Once the cakes are golden brown, simply top with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
While this recipe yields six full cakes (they’re perfect for family dinner night!), you can enjoy two of these patties for a mere 116 calories. Clocking in as just one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan, these Jackfruit Crab Cakes are the real deal.
Looking for a few more summer recipes to liven up your menu? Be sure to try our favorites below:
- Ricotta Pesto Eggplant Pizza >
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich >
- Watermelon Chicken Salad >
- Summer Corn Salad >
- Asparagus Caprese Salad >
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 3 (2 crab cakes = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 116
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 20 oz. can jackfruit
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. old bay, low sodium
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Lemon slices
- Drain and wash jackfruit. Place jackfruit in food processor and process into smaller pieces that resemble the size of crab meat. Place in a large bowl.
- Add diced red pepper and scallions.
- Add egg, Dijon mustard, old bay, and panko breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Form crab cakes in hand and set on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baking sheet with crab cakes in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or slightly golden.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon.