Pumpkin Banana BreadRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Banana bread seems to be the baked good of the season. It’s sweet, delicious and stuffed with healthy, wholesome ingredients. If you thought banana bread couldn’t get any better, guess again! Our fall-inspired version of this classic recipe features pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. It’s super flavorful, super moist and super satisfying!
Enjoy a slice of this beautiful banana bread for a sweet breakfast or serve it up after dinner for dessert. It pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or hot chai tea. Make it extra special with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just make sure to count this towards your daily Extras.
Baking season calls for homemade bread! Check out these 11 healthy bread recipes for your winter weight loss menu. >
One serving of this Pumpkin Banana Bread contains 143 calories. It count as one SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Want to add a PowerFuel? Top your banana bread with chopped walnuts or pecans for added protein, healthy fats and a crunchy texture. After your finished eating this sweet treat, make sure to log your slice into your NuMi journal to keep your daily meal plan organized. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Here at Nutrisystem, bananas are one of our favorite SmartCarbs. They’re sweet enough to satisfy your dessert cravings but still qualify as a wholesome, high-fiber ingredient. This makes them the perfect addition to your weight loss menu! Go bananas with the 10 delicious and diet-friendly recipes below:
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake >
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana S’mores >
- Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles >
- Maple Banana Oatmeal >
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Banana Kebabs >
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes >
- 5-Ingredient Banana Nut Muffins >
- Gluten Free Banana Bread >
- Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal >
- 3-Step Banana Pudding >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 143
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Stir in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, applesauce, syrup, vanilla extract, eggs and yogurt.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased bread pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.