Roll into pumpkin season with a classic made healthy! As soon as the leaves start to turn and the weather gets a little chilly, pumpkin roll starts popping up on grocery store shelves and in bakery showcases. It’s a seasonal sweet treat that we all start dreaming about in the fall. Because we want you to be able to partake in the pumpkin party, we had our healthy recipe developers create the best Pumpkin Roll recipe online.
What makes this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll recipe the best? Whether you’re trying to lose weight or are just trying to eat a little healthier this autumn, this delicious dessert fits the bill. It’s made with nutritious ingredients, such as whole wheat pastry flour, eggs, pumpkin puree, low-fat cream cheese, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stuffed with a sweet maple vanilla cream cheese and rolled into perfect spirals, it’s the perfect fall dessert recipe!
To make this healthy and easy pumpkin treat, mix together whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, mix up the eggs and pumpkin puree. Combine the dry and we mixtures, then pour the batter into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan greased with nonstick cooking spray. Place it in a 350 degree oven and bake for 14 minutes.
When it’s done baking, lay a clean kitchen towel on a countertop. Immediately turn the cake over onto the towel, then peel off the parchment paper. Roll up the cake and the towel together and let it completely cool. While you’re waiting for it to cool, beat together the cream cheese filling by combining softened low-fat cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla extract and softened coconut oil.
Carefully unroll the cooled cake. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake, then reroll it. Wrap the finished pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Slice it up into 16 equal slices before serving.
This pumpkin roll cake makes a total of 20 servings. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log each 101-calorie serving as three Extras in the NuMi app.
Hungry for more pumpkin? Check out these other healthy recipes featuring our favorite fall fruit!:
- Pumpkin Cranberry Crackers >
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl >
- 100-Calorie Pumpkin Muffins >
- Skinny Pumpkin Latte >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites >
- Chocolate Pumpkin Truffle Balls >
- Pumpkin Banana Bread >
- Mini Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pies >
- Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake >
- Pumpkin Spice Bars >
Do you have your own healthy pumpkin recipe that you want to share? Submit your unique creation on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured here on The Leaf. Click here to learn share! >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about the Nutrisystem program or shop our menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 101
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, low fat, softened
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Pour the batter into the greased jelly roll pan. Bake for 14 minutes.
- Lay a clean kitchen towel on a countertop. Immediately turn cake onto towel. Peel off the parchment paper.
- Roll up the cake and the towel together. Let it completely cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese, syrup, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Carefully unroll the cooled cake. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Reroll it.
- Wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Slice before serving.