3-Step Spicy Cantaloupe Melon Gazpacho with ShrimpRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
Cold soup recipes make for the ultimate summer meal. Take this delicious Spicy Cantaloupe Melon Gazpacho for example. The healthy meal is ideal for hot weather when you’re craving something chilled, light and refreshing. It’s simple to make, requiring just a few easy steps. This recipe is a great way to use up seasonal produce, including fresh cantaloupe, tomatoes and cucumbers. So give it a try today!
How to Make Melon Gazpacho in Just 3 Easy Steps
This melon gazpacho is the perfect summer soup. It’s light and refreshing, but still has a little bit of a kick to it. Plus, it comes together in just a few steps for an easy, breezy summer meal!
To make the gazpacho, simply place cubed cantaloupe, minced garlic cloves, diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, scallions, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and cayenne pepper into a blender. Blend the ingredients until a smooth and creamy soup base is formed. If the soup is too thick, add a little water to thin it out as needed.
Once everything is blended nicely, refrigerate the soup for at least an hour to allow the flavors to develop. When you’re ready to serve, garnish the soup with diced cucumbers, tomatoes and cantaloupe and top with cooked shrimp. When you’re ready to serve, top with cooked shrimp and garnish with diced cucumbers, tomatoes and cantaloupe, and you’re good to go.
This soup is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering. It is perfect for a light lunch, satisfying appetizer or simple side dish. It’s also a great way to use up any overripe cantaloupe you might have on hand. Enjoy!
This recipe makes four servings. On the Nutrisystem program? Don’t forget to log your soup in your NuMi app journal to stay on track with your daily meal plan. One serving counts as half of a SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and half of a Vegetable.
More Healthy Summer Soup Recipes
Even summer is soup season with these light and healthy soup recipes that fit into your weight loss plan:
- Veggie Summer Stew
- 5-Ingredient Chicken “Noodle” Soup >
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken Stew >
- Zesty Tomato Soup >
- Creamy Green Gazpacho with Grilled Shrimp >
- Unlimited Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew >
- Creamy Clam Chowder >
One-Pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Stew >
- Tropical Gazpacho Soup >
Calories per Serving: 214
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and ½ Vegetable
- 2 cups cantaloupe cubes (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 cucumber, diced (reserve some for garnish)
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 oz. cooked shrimp, chopped
- Place all ingredients except for shrimp and reserved garnishes in a blender and blend until smooth. Thin with water if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, garnish with diced cucumbers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and shrimp.