Vanilla Protein Cake PopsRecipe posted in: Tasty Takes on Nutrisystem Meals, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Snacks & Desserts
Is it just us, or does food taste better when it’s on a stick? From corn dogs and kebabs to popsicles and candy apples, these classic skewers are surely here to stay. But there’s one fun, sweet trend that we really want to stick around: cake pops! There’s just something about cute, little round cakes on top of a skewer, covered in a chocolate shell and colorful sprinkles. These portable pops have found their way into your healthy diet and weight loss journey with this mouthwatering Vanilla Protein Cake Pops recipe.
We pump up the protein and vanilla flavor in these mini cake balls by adding Vanilla Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix. This simple hack is nothing new here in the Nutrisystem kitchen. We sneak this protein powder into many different recipes here on The Leaf. Try out our Cinnamon Protein Mug Cake and Monster Protein Cookie Dough! Choose your favorite flavor and get creative with this healthy staple.
Our protein-packed vanilla cake pops have three main components. These include the cake batter, the healthy frosting and the white chocolate coating. The first step is creating the cake batter by mixing together Vanilla Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix, sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, unsweetened applesauce and egg whites. Pour the batter into a six-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for about twenty minutes. Place the cake into the freezer to cool down while you work on you frosting.
The frosting is what holds these pretty pops all together. This homemade binder consists of nonfat plain Greek yogurt, one packet of stevia and vanilla extract. Mix the frosting ingredients together in a large bowl and grab the cake from the freezer. Break up the cooled down cake into pieces and place it into the frosting. Use your hands to mix the cake and frosting until it’s well combined. Roll the mixture into nine equal-sized balls and place them on parchment paper before freezing them for at least 10 minutes.
While your vanilla cake pops are in the freezer, it’s time to make the white chocolate shell. In a small bowl, combine white chocolate chips with coconut oil and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds at a time. Make sure to stir the chocolate often so that it doesn’t burn. Once the white chocolate is fully melted, place a stick into each cake ball and dip them into the chocolate. If you’d like to add sprinkles, this is the perfect time to do it while the chocolate is still melted. Let the cake pops sit until the chocolate has hardened and store them in the fridge.
The Leaf Pro Tip: If you’re a chocolate lover, feel free to swap in our chocolate protein powder and garnish with chocolate sprinkles, cacao nibs or a few mini chocolate chips. Running low on Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix? Click here to stock up! >
This recipe makes nine Vanilla Protein Cake Pops. One cake pop contains just 111 calories and over four grams of protein. You can log it into your NuMi journal as half of a PowerFuel and two of your daily Extras. Tap here to quickly log this recipe into the NuMi app. >
Here at The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we LOVE cake. However, we want to eat our cake AND lose weight, too! So, we’ve been on a mission to fill up our healthy recipe section with diet-friendly cakes that fit into the Nutrisystem program. Click the link below to try out 10 of our guilt-free dessert recipe favorites:
Of course, we also have plenty of other dessert recipes that don’t involve cake. All of them are delicious, healthy and can enjoyed while you’re losing weight. Get inspired by some of our favorite healthy, sweet treats below:
- Fry up some donuts in your favorite countertop appliance. Check out these poppable Air Fryer Chocolate Donut Holes >
- We add more of your Nutrisystem protein powder to moist, chocolaty brownies. Get your chocolate fix with Gluten Free Protein Brownies >
- A popular Nutrisystem snack makes these simple chocolate candies a healthy option. Try out our 3-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Caramel Bites >
- Use your freezer to make an easy, gourmet dessert that’s filled with flavor. You’ll love this Almond Butter and Sea Salt Freezer Fudge >
- Another spherical sweet featuring your favorite shake mix. Roll together these no-bake 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bombs >
- More sweetness on a stick! This frozen treat consists of healthy staples you probably have on hand. Try our Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles >
- Cool down all summer long with a fruity nice cream that’s packed with fiber. Get the recipe for our Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cherry Sorbet >
- Take your dessert on the go with a creamy, dreamy milkshake! Frozen cherries add sweetness to this Black Forest “Milkshake” >
- Make a healthy ice cream in your blender with fruit and almond milk. Try out this trendy dessert with a Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream Sundae >
- Satisfy your sweet tooth without any added sugar! Enjoy the sunshine and warm weather while digging into this seasonal Must-Try Strawberry Pie >
No time for baking? Whether you love chocolate or vanilla, the Nutrisystem menu has a quick and easy dessert for you! For our vanilla fans, we offer crunchy Vanilla Shortbread Cookies and a Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake made with vanilla cake and a cream-filled center. For our chocolate lovers, we’ve prepared a Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcake and chocolate-stuffed S’mores Pie. Want the best of both worlds? You’ll love our Ice Cream Sandwich that features creamy vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two chocolatey wafers. Click here to explore our a la carte menu! >
If you’ve come up with a new way to use up your Nutrisystem shake mix, we want to hear about it! Make sure to submit your healthy recipes on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to have it featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Click here to submit your tasty creations! >
Are you in need of a healthy meal delivery service? Nutrisystem delivers nutritious food directly to your door! Learn more about our weight loss meal plans. >
Servings: 9 (1 serving = 1 cake pop)
Calories per Serving: 111
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 scoops Vanilla Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix
- 1 Tbsp. sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the cake batter ingredients. Pour the batter into a greased 6-inch pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then place the cake in the freezer to cool down.
- In a large bowl, mix together the frosting ingredients.
- Break up the cooled down cake into pieces and place it into the frosting. Use your hands to combine the mixture until it's well mixed.
- Roll the mixture into 9 equal-sized balls. Place them on parchment paper and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Place white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds at a time, until melted, stirring often.
- Place a stick into each cake ball and dip them into the white chocolate mixture until fully-coated. Add sprinkles if desired. Let the cake pops sit until the chocolate hardens. Store in the fridge.