Valentine’s Day is here and you may be looking for some recipes to prepare for your loved one. Serve your sweetheart breakfast in bed with these Chocolate Strawberry Waffles. Filled with the flavors of chocolate covered strawberries, this delicious morning meal could double as dessert. We created a diet-friendly take on the classic breakfast staple.
The base of these waffles consists of whole wheat flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and baking powder combined with milk and chocolate chips melted with light butter. After cooking the batter in a waffle iron, we complete the meal by topping the finished product with fresh strawberries. The end result is a beautiful presentation that is sure to impress to your Valentine.
One serving of these Chocolate Strawberry Waffles contains 176 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. To avoid overindulging in Valentine’s Day goodies, try logging your food intake in the NuMi app! The journal is set up to complement your Nutrisystem plan, making it easy to determine what you have left to eat for the day. Click here to quickly log your waffles in NuMi >
Does your sweetie love strawberries? Celebrate the day of romance with these other tasty recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad >
- Healthy Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri >
- Sweet Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding >
- Cupid’s Strawberry Shake >
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies >
- Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries >
No waffle iron? No problem! Nutrisystem makes healthy Buttermilk Waffles that are just as delicious and ready in just a few minutes. If you’re more of a pancake person, try our High Protein Pancake Mix to keep that homemade breakfast feel. Click here to stock up on easy breakfasts! >
Lose weight and stay in shape with delicious and nutritious meals from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our weight loss programs >
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips together.
- Pour the milk and chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray with a nonstick spray. Pour in ½ cup of batter and cook according to the waffle iron manufacturer's directions.
- Remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top finished waffles with sliced strawberries.