Baked Scotch EggsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides
Try our spin on an English classic. Scotch Eggs are turned light and healthy in this Nutrisystem-approved recipe you’ll love.
We took a few steps to transform the Scotch Egg into a healthy recipe suitable for your Nutrisystem plan. We wrap these eggs in lean ground beef rather than pork or sausage. Instead of frying, these eggs are baked to keep fat on the lower side. We also skipped on the breadcrumbs and just wrapped them in beef and spices.
To make your Baked Scotch Eggs, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Next, grab a medium-sized bowl and combine raw lean ground beef, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and then divide the mixture equally into four balls, each weighing about four ounces. Flatten the balls into a patty, then place a hard-boiled egg in the center of each one. Gently wrap the beef around each egg, shaping and molding it with your hands. Place each Scotch egg on the wired rack and sprinkle with more spices. Bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes or until they are cooked to your preference.
Half of one Scotch Egg counts as one serving. One serving contains 123 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. You can enjoy half of an egg as a snack or enjoy a full egg for a meal. Feel free to serve it over a salad so that it feels like a complete entree. Whether you eat the whole thing or only half, make sure to log your Baked Scotch Egg in the NuMi app! NuMi will help you keep track of your meals and weight loss throughout your journey. You can get started with NuMi here >
Simple egg dishes are a must-have for your weight loss plan. Check out these other recipes below!:
- Spicy Buffalo Deviled Eggs >
- Cloud Eggs >
- Avocado Egg Toast >
- Air Fryer Baked Eggs >
- Not So Devilish Deviled Eggs >
- Asparagus Egg Toast >
Nutrisystem makes losing weight easy with healthy meals and snacks. Learn more about our program here >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = ½ egg)
Calories per Serving: 123
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, raw
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack. Spray rack with nonstick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ground beef, pepper, garlic powder, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide ground beef into four 4-ounce balls. Pat each ball into a round patty.
- Place an egg in the center of each beef patty. Gently wrap the beef around the egg, shaping and molding it with your hands.
- Place beef wrapped eggs on the greased wired rack. Sprinkle with some more garlic powder and black pepper.
- Bake eggs for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked to your preference.