Chocolate Walnut Chickpea MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Bake your muffin some muffins! These healthy chocolate treats are perfect for spoiling your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day. Serve them up to your honey as breakfast in bed or as a sweet after-dinner dessert. Featuring an unexpected ingredient and NO white sugar, our Chocolate Walnut Chickpea Muffins are a delicious and healthy baked good for your holiday menu.
What’s the secret ingredient in these chocolate muffins? Chickpeas! These little beans are a smarter alternative to flour and make this muffin moist, fiber-rich and gluten-free. Maple syrup, stevia and vanilla extract add a touch of natural sweetness and flavor, while unsweetened cocoa powder provides the rich, chocolaty taste you love. Eggs and coconut oil hold it all together with a bit of baking soda and chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
This recipe makes 12 Chocolate Walnut Chickpea Muffins, so it’s perfect for your healthy breakfast meal prep! One muffin contains 140 calories and counts as half of a PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program.
Healthy Hacks: You can feel free to add some extra walnuts to the top of your muffins if you’d like to count it as a full PowerFuel serving. To make it a full-on Flex breakfast or snack, pair it with a SmartCarb like sliced bananas or strawberries. Enjoy it with a glass of skim milk for another PowerFuel. Just make sure to log your meal in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily menu.
Click here to quickly log your muffin in the NuMi app! >
Chocolate is one of our favorite superfoods! Check out some of our favorite chocolate recipes below:
- Chocolate Protein Cake Pops >
- Chocolate Orange Avocado Pudding >
- Chocolate Strawberry Waffles >
- Chocolate Granola Recipe >
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Raspberry Cups >
- Skinny Chocolate Orange Soufflé >
- Air Fryer Chocolate S’mores >
Craving a chocolate muffin but don’t feel like baking? Nutrisystem is here to help! Stock up on our delicious Double Chocolate Muffin for breakfast made easy. >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Servings: 12 (1 serving = 1 muffin)
Calories per Serving: 140
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 can chickpeas, no salt added
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Place chickpeas in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add eggs, syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, cocoa powder, stevia and baking soda and process until smooth.
- Stir in chopped walnuts
- Pour into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.