We bet you never thought that you could enjoy the sweet taste of cornbread without feeling the guilt of overindulgence, right? Hold that thought—these deliciously sweet Honey Yogurt Cornbread Muffins are the exact answer to all your diet dreams.
These muffins can be made in five simple steps, and they only count as one SmartCarb per serving on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Talk about a diet win! Plus, the entire recipe makes a whopping 12 servings, so you’ll have plenty to share (or you can save them all for yourself, we won’t tell.)
To whip up a batch of these Honey Yogurt Cornbread Muffins, simply line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners and mist each liner with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then, in a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, canola oil egg whites, vanilla, Greek yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar. Gently add half of the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly combine them. Repeat this same process with the other half of the dry ingredients and blend the new mixture until moistened. Pro tip: Be very careful not to overmix! You want your batter to have somewhat of a thickness to it. Divvy your batter into your muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the centers are firm to touch. Make sure you let them sit for five minutes after baking before transferring them to a wire rack, and all that’s left to do is enjoy (and believe us, you’ll definitely enjoy!).
Sounds amazing, right? But wait, we haven’t even gotten to the best part. Each muffin clocks in at a mere 110 calories. And you can easily avoid any fears of having one muffin too many by logging your daily intake in your NuMi App. That way, you can always be certain that you are staying on track with your weight loss goals.
In need of more ways to use your leftover muffin cups? We can definitely help you out with that! Check out 9 More Muffin Recipes You Need in Your Life >
Want to lose weight enjoying muffins, cookies and even ice cream? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 12 (1 muffin = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 110
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1½ cups finely ground cornmeal
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup honey-flavored nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4-8 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, canola oil, egg whites, vanilla, Greek yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Add 1/2 of dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the centers feel firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.