Sweet and creamy Irish Potatoes on a healthy diet? Yep! This Irish Potato recipe is an equally delicious, yet healthier twist on the Saint Paddy’s Day classic.
How to Make Irish Potatoes (The Healthy Way!)
Whip up this Irish Potato recipe as a sweet snack you can grab on-the-go, or make them to share with the family (believe us, they’re going to want to try these!). You can also easily throw these together for a holiday get-together. Whatever the occasion may be, this delicious dessert is certain to satisfy your sweet craving without throwing you off track with your healthy diet.
By substituting some of the calorie-, fat- and sugar-heavy components with some lighter, healthier ingredients, you can transform this traditional treat from a diet destroyer to an absolute diet win on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
Creamy Neufchatel cheese, vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt, coconut oil, liquid Stevia, unsweetened shredded coconut and vanilla extract are thoroughly mixed and rolled to create the “potatoes.” Coated in cinnamon, this simple (and festive) snack is sure to have you feeling happy-go-lucky!
Skinny Irish Potatoes on Nutrisystem
Whether you’re Irish or not, you can still enjoy this sweet and blissful Irish Potato Candy while on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Each serving is just a mere 45 calories.
Don’t forget to log the Irish Potato Candy in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals! You can easily log one Irish Potato as two Extras right in your NuMi app.
Not familiar with using our weight loss tracking tool? Find out all the ins and outs of our handy tracker app by checking out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App! >
More Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Recipe
We have plenty of festive treats you can enjoy on Saint Paddy’s Day or any day of the year! Try these healthy recipes:
Servings: 24 (1 Irish Potato = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 45
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 8 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¼ cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 5-8 drops liquid Stevia
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients except cinnamon and thoroughly mix with a spatula.
- Chill for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll into large marble-sized balls (form a total of 24 balls). Place balls on a plate or flat tray. Return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon lightly over the balls. Using your fingers, gently pat the cinnamon over the surface.