Yogurt Marinated ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Customer Submitted, Main Courses
Grilling season is just around the corner and we have just the recipe for your next barbecue. Marinated chicken is taken to a whole new level with the addition of creamy yogurt and zesty spices. Grill up a diet-friendly meal at home that’s simple to make and approved by the whole family.
This recipe was submitted by Leaf visitor and Missouri resident, Carla, through our Recipe Submission page. We were so impressed with this user generated recipe, we wanted to feature it right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! It’s a healthy, low carb recipe for chicken that can be added to many different meals. It’s simplicity, versatility and just plain old deliciousness is what made us fall in love. Add this tender and flavorful marinated chicken to salads, pasta, veggies and rice.
One serving of this Yogurt Marinated Chicken contains 172 calories. You can log it into the NuMi app as one and half PowerFuels and one Extra. If you can’t handle the heat, feel free to swap out the chili powder, ginger and cumin with different spices that you enjoy. Garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika would be delicious replacements.
Is chicken your go-to PowerFuel? Make sure to explore The Leaf’s recipe section for more healthy chicken recipes! Check out some of our favorite ideas below:
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas >
- 3-Step Chicken Zucchini Nuggets >
- Healthy Chicken Piccata >
- Roasted Chicken with Rainbow Carrots and Potatoes >
- Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bowl >
- Chicken Tikka Masala Soup >
- Boneless Garlic Ginger Chicken Bites >
- Chicken Root Power Bowl >
Have a favorite recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your Flex meal creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf! Share your ideas here >
Are you in need of a healthy meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about Nutrisystem programs >
Calories per Serving: 172
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. stevia
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 6 3-oz. bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large plastic bag to create the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Seal the bag and shake well to coat the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and grill chicken for about 20-30 minutes
- Turn over and grill for another 20-30 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.