Garlic Ricotta Cheese FlatbreadRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Dinners, Main Courses
There’s just something about biting into a piping hot, crispy flatbread that’s fresh from the oven. Add creamy, melty ricotta cheese and flavor-packed veggies and you’ve got the perfect meal to replace your pizzeria favorites. Nutrisystem makes your pizza night easier (and more delicious!) with our Garlic Cheese Flatbread. We use this lunchtime favorite as a simple shortcut and major time-saver for meal prep in this easy, cheesy flatbread recipe.
Our Garlic Cheese Flatbread is a great base for many recipes. This non-frozen menu item is shelf-stable and can be conveniently stored right in your pantry. It consists of a thin, whole wheat crust, a light, buttery garlic sauce and a packet of cheese for sprinkling. It’s a delicious way to add some fun and creativity to lunchtime or dinner delights. It provides a whopping 10 grams of protein and five grams of dietary fiber for only 250 calories and eight grams of fat.
Nutrisystem customer, Susan, says in her five-star review on Nutrisystem.com, “This item really surprised my taste buds. The garlic sauce and cheese on the flatbread is just the right combination that pleases my hunger.” Another five-star review by Gene says, “This is the type of thing I normally have to give up while dieting. If you like garlic and cheese, this is for you.” Here at Nutrisystem, we’re all about creating healthier versions of your favorite meals that taste just as delicious. The Garlic Cheese Flatbread is no different and tastes just like your guilty pizza pleasures.
While you’re assembling this flavorful flatbread, feel free to spice things up with your own ideas. Add some extra herbs and spices or top it with some non-starchy veggies. Pump up the protein with more cheese or some grilled chicken or seafood. The flatbread possibilities are endless!
Looking for some interesting ways to spice up your Garlic Cheese Flatbread? Try some of the tasty ideas below:
- Make a Mexican pizza with black beans, pico de gallo and diced avocado.
- Enjoy an Italian-style meal by adding low-sodium tomato sauce, sliced onions and ground beef.
- Crush your pizza cravings with a caprese lunch. Top with sliced tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.
- Take a trip to the Mediterranean with hummus, olives and roasted red bell peppers.
- Add some Asian-inspired influence with stir-fried shrimp, soy sauce and ginger.
- Create an Indian flatbread by adding sliced tikka masala chicken, chickpeas and scallions.
- Make a veggie lovers pie and pile on the sliced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, olives, broccoli and more!
- Turn your flatbread into a sandwich by folding it in half and adding your favorite sandwich fixings.
- Slice your flatbread into bread sticks and serve them up with a marinara dipping sauce.
- Hold the garlic oil and cheese and turn the flatbread base into a dessert! Try adding nut butter, fruit and low fat whipped cream with a drizzle of sugar-free chocolate.
Our recipe developers decided to get creative with this pantry-friendly flatbread by adding some extra creaminess and nutrition. A couple dollops of part-skim ricotta cheese contributes extra protein, healthy fats and a rich yet mild, sweet flavor. Freshly chopped spinach and sliced mushrooms provide you with essential vitamins, minerals and a high fiber diet option. While the microwave is an optional preparation method for this product, we decided to take it to the oven to keep things hot and crispy.
Get started by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Remove the flatbread from the package and place it on a baking sheet. Spread two tablespoons of part-skim ricotta cheese evenly across the top of the flatbread. Drizzle the garlic oil that was included with the Garlic Cheese Flatbread over the top. Top the flatbread with chopped spinach and mushroom slices (or other non-starchy vegetables) and finish up by sprinkling the included cheese packet on top. Bake in the oven for about five minutes or until the crust starts to brown and the cheese has melted.
Running low on the Garlic Cheese Flatbread? Click here to stock up your pantry! >
One serving of this Garlic Ricotta Cheese Flatbread contains 294 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and one and a half PowerFuels on the Nutrisystem program. If you have some Extras to spare for the day, you can have some fun and add more healthy pizza toppings. Just be sure to keep track of them in the NuMi app to ensure you don’t exceed your three allotted daily Extras. Click here to log this recipe into the NuMi app. >
Flatbread and pizza are just two of the comfort food classics that we recreate on the Nutrisystem menu and The Leaf recipe section. Have fun exploring our extensive list of healthy menu items, snack ideas and meal prep selections for delicious recipes that fit into your weight loss goals. Check out some of our favorite flatbread and pizza recipes below:
- Low carb eggplant is the crust of this Roasted Garlic Eggplant Pizza >
- Try these mini portable Deep Dish Pizza Cups >
- If you love pineapple on pizza, you’ll love this Fast Hawaiian Flatbread >
- Pizza made in an air fryer? Try it out with this Air Fryer Mexican Flatbread >
- Another Nutrisystem favorite is transformed. Try Thick Crust Pizza with Arugula >
- Munch on more mushrooms with these Easy-as-Pie Portabella Pizzas >
- Pizza and burgers unite in this Nutrisystem Pizza Burger >
- What’s a low carb diet without cauliflower? Enjoy our Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza >
- Your favorite countertop appliance creates these poppable Air Fryer Pizza Rolls >
Do you love to get creative with your Nutrisystem Garlic Cheese Flatbread? Have you come up with the ultimate topping combination? We want to hear about it! Share your flatbread creations and any other recipes that you’ve created on our Recipe Submission page. We love to see our customers user generated content and your recipe could even be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Click here to submit your recipes. >
Looking for a convenient meal delivery service to lose weight? We’re here for you! Get delicious food delivered to your door with Nutrisystem. Learn more about our program >
Calories per Serving: 294
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 ½ PowerFuels
- 1 package Nutrisystem® Garlic Cheese Flatbread
- 2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 1 pinch of spinach leaves, chopped
- 6 mushroom slices (or another non-starchy vegetable like tomatoes or bell peppers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Spread the ricotta cheese evenly across the flatbread.
- Drizzle the garlic oil (included with Garlic Cheese Flatbread) over the top.
- Top the flatbread with chopped spinach and mushroom slices (or other vegetables).
- Sprinkle the cheese packet (included with Garlic Cheese Flatbread) over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the crust starts to brown and the cheese has melted.