Transform an ordinary block of tofu into a tremendous takeout-inspired meal! This simple sheet pan dinner features fresh veggies, fiber-rich chickpeas and flavorful sesame tofu in a sweet and savory sauce. Whether you follow a plant-based diet or are just looking to eat more meatless meals, this healthy and easy vegetarian recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your home.
Crispy, protein-packed tofu triangles are paired with crunchy carrots, broccoli florets and chickpeas and covered in a homemade sauce made from low-sodium soy sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, honey and sesame oil. Garnished with sesame seeds and a sprinkle of sliced green onions, it’s a nutritious and delicious meal with a variety of tastes and textures.
Healthy Hacks: Not a fan of carrots or broccoli? You can easily swap in your favorite non-starchy veggies! Try it with onions, sliced bell peppers or mushrooms. If you want to make this easy recipe vegan, just leave out the honey and sweeten with a little stevia or monk fruit extract. Add another vegetable by serving it over cooked cauliflower rice. Yum!
This easy vegetarian sheet pan dinner makes four servings, so any leftovers would be perfect for your healthy meal prep! One serving contains 364 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, two Extras, two Vegetables. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Tofu is a great PowerFuel for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. If you’re looking for some more creative ways to cook with tofu, check out some of our favorite healthy tofu recipes below:
- General Tso Tofu >
- Air Fryer Orange Tofu >
- Morning Tofu Scramble >
- One-Pan Tofu Fajitas >
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
- Tofu Stir Fry with Savory Tahini Soy Sauce >
- Garlic Soy Sheet Pan Tofu >
- Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito >
- Vegan Tofu Jerky >
- Tofu Taco Bowl >
What’s your favorite way to cook tofu? Have you come up with your very own tofu recipe that you want to share? Submit your ideas on our Recipe Submission page! You could have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Click here to share your tasty creations! >
No time for cooking? No problem! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. We even have a Vegetarian program with over 90 menu choices. Click here to learn more! >
Calories per Serving: 364
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 2 Extras, 2 Vegetables
- 1 block tofu (~14-15 oz.)
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chickpeas, no salt added
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare tofu by wrapping it in a towel or several paper towels and place it on a plate. Top with something heavy and let sit for 15-30 minutes to soak up as much moisture as possible.
- While tofu is being pressed, place carrots chickpeas and broccoli on a baking sheet and toss with 1 teaspoon of canola oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut tofu block into 5 sheets and then cut each sheet into triangles or squares. Toss tofu in remaining canola oil and cornstarch.
- Place tofu on the baking sheet with the other vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey and sesame oil.
- Take baking sheet out and flip the tofu. Pour 2/3 of the soy sauce mixture on top of the tofu. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the tofu and veggies from the pan. Top with remaining soy sauce mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.