With holiday parties just around the corner, you need healthy appetizer ideas for your next family gathering. Whip up a creamy, dreamy starter that’s filled with the flavors of fresh rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes! This cheesy, homemade spread pairs perfectly with whole grain crackers, chopped bagels, pretzels and even sliced veggies. It’s a gourmet recipe made easy!
It only takes six simple ingredients and three easy steps to create this spreadable cheese. Grab your food processor and blend together low-fat cream cheese, crumbled feta cheese, lemon juice, fresh rosemary and minced garlic. Once it is nice and smooth, stir in chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Transfer it into a serving dish and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Healthy Hacks: Nothing says autumn like the herbaceous flavor of fresh rosemary! Can’t find it fresh? You can easily swap in dried rosemary from your spice cabinet. Feel free to also try it with other fresh or dried herbs, such as basil, chives, thyme or parsley.
This homemade spread recipe makes eight one-tablespoon servings. One serving counts as half of a PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to double up the serving size to count it as one full PowerFuel and two Extras. Just be sure to keep track of it in your daily food journal to ensure you don’t eat too much! Use our FREE NuMi app to stay organized throughout your weight loss journey. It’s the perfect place to log your meals, snacks, water intake and exercise. Click here to quickly log this recipe in NuMi! >
If you’re searching for more healthy appetizer recipes, you’ve come to the right place! We have plenty of delicious ideas right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Check out some of our favorite recipes below:
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip >
- Green Bean Bacon Bundles >
- Skinny Chili Cheese Dip >
- 4-Ingredient Everything Bagel Dip >
- Whole Wheat Herb Focaccia Bread >
- Mexican Street Corn Dip >
- Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Crostini >
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites >
Looking for a delicious meal delivery service to help you get healthy and lose weight? Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans or shop our menu a la carte! >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = ~1 tablespoon)
Calories per Serving: 89
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 4 oz. (~½ cup) cream cheese, low-fat
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Place all ingredients except for the sun-dried tomatoes into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.