We took your leftover Thanksgiving stuffing and created these gourmet breakfast cakes fit for a healthy, post-holiday brunch.
If you thought your extra holiday stuffing was doomed for the garbage can, think again! You’ll love using it up with these unique breakfast cakes that are sure to impress the whole family. Despite the fancy appearance, they’re super simple to prepare and only require three ingredients.
To get started, mix up your leftover stuffing with an egg and some part-skim mozzarella cheese. Once the mixture is well combined, form four equal-sized patties and spray a skillet with nonstick spray. Cook your patties over medium-high heat until they become golden brown, about two to three minutes per side. Set your patties aside and prepare four eggs in your desired style. We love sunny side up but feel free to try over-easy or scrambled. Place one cooked egg on each patty and enjoy!
Pro Tip: We recommend preparing a whole grain stuffing for your Thanksgiving dinner to add a boost of fiber. Don’t worry, no one will notice this delicious, healthy swap!
One serving of these Thanksgiving Stuffing Breakfast Cakes contains 310 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Get back on your diet after the holiday with help from the NuMi app! Easily keep track of your meals, snacks and water in its easy-to-use journal. Click here to log your breakfast in NuMi >
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Check out these other tasty recipes:
- Matcha Blueberry Muffins >
- Fiesta Breakfast Panini >
- Broccoli & Cheese Breakfast Muffins >
- Avocado Egg Toast >
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Omelet >
- Asparagus Egg Toast >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast >
Looking for more healthy breakfasts to start your day? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Learn more about our programs >
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 cake)
Calories per Serving: 310
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 2 cups leftover thanksgiving stuffing
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- In a bowl, combine stuffing, 1 egg and cheese. Form into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and set heat to medium-high. Add patties and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook remaining 4 eggs per your preference (sunny side up, over-easy, scrambled, etc.)
- Top each stuffing patty with one cooked egg and serve.