Recipes: 3 Guilt-Free Summer TreatsArticle posted in: Diet & Nutrition
With warmer weather finally here, are you finding yourself tempted by the season’s sweetest treats? We’ve got your solution: Try these healthy takes on the summer staples you crave, and stay slim-down strong all season long.
1. Slimmed-Down Cherry Garcia Sorbet
Try this creamy sorbet that features all the tastes of your favorite ice cream flavor―and none of the guilt. This recipe serves 2; on Nutrisystem, each serving counts as 1 dessert, 2 SmartCarbs and 1 Extra.
• 2 frozen bananas, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
• ¼ cup almond milk
• 1 packet of Nutrisystem Nutrichocolaty Wafers
1. Add banana chunks, 1 cup cherries and almond milk to blender and mix until creamy. Scrape sides of blender with spoon or butter knife as needed to keep ingredients moving.
2. Add Nutrichocolaty Wafers and remaining cherries to blender and pulse until well-mixed.
3. Serve immediately, or freeze for later. If saving, place sorbet into a sealed container and freeze overnight. When ready to enjoy, let sorbet sit at room temperature for a few minutes, scoop and serve.
2. Lightened Up Pineapple Whip
Here’s a sweet, refreshing treat that will take you back to your childhood. Featuring just two ingredients, this recipe is as simple to make as it is delicious. On Nutrisystem, one cup counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra.
• 4 cups frozen, unsweetened pineapple
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Combine pineapple and almond milk in a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture achieves a sorbet-like consistency. Enjoy.
3. Strawberry Delight Fro-Yo
Cool off this summer with this delicious frozen yogurt featuring the season’s sweetest flavor―strawberry. This recipe yields four servings. On Nutrisystem, each serving counts as 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra.
• 4 cups frozen strawberries
• 2 Tablespoons honey
• 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
• 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend until creamy, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in freezer.