Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowl RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Buffalo chicken and burritos unite in this zesty bowl of healthy ingredients! Featuring tender pieces of baked buffalo chicken plus all of your favorite burrito fillings, this protein packed meal fits perfectly into your weight loss plan. Whip up this Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe during your Sunday meal prep and enjoy easy lunches all week long.
The key to the ultimate burrito bowl is filling it with a variety of nutritious and delicious ingredients. Think about your go-to burrito from your favorite Mexican restaurant when selecting each component: fluffy rice, sweet corn, chopped tomatoes and cheddar cheese. We’re taking our burrito bowl recipe to the next level by making some healthy swaps and adding a tasty twist: buffalo chicken.
Diced buffalo chicken is coated in cornstarch and egg, then baked at 400 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes. Once it reaches crispy perfection, we toss it all in a spicy buffalo sauce. It’s then added to a bowl with the works, including brown rice, chopped romaine lettuce, corn, chopped tomatoes, celery and cheese. Feel free to stick with classic cheddar or switch things up with blue cheese (it pairs great with the buffalo sauce!). Finally, you can’t enjoy buffalo sauce without ranch! We love this Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe drizzled in reduced fat ranch dressing.
This chicken burrito bowl recipe makes four servings, so it works great as a family dinner or for weekly meal prep. If you’re on Nutrisystem, one serving counts as two SmartCarbs, two PowerFuels, two Extras and one Vegetable.
You can feel free to move your PowerFuels and SmartCarbs around throughout your day to make room for this recipe. For example, you can take a SmartCarb from one of your snacks and move it to lunch or dinner so that you can enjoy this meal. Nutrisystem is flexible to fit your life! Just be sure to keep track of your chicken burrito bowl in the NuMi app for the best weight loss results. Click here to log this burrito bowl recipe in NuMi! >
Pro Tip: Use the Quick Log feature in NuMi to make logging your food a breeze! Learn more about this convenient feature here. >
Here at Nutrisystem, we love burritos for breakfast! Check out some of our favorite healthy breakfast burrito recipes below:
- Vegan Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
- Egg White and Spinach Breakfast Burrito >
- Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Tomatoes and Spinach >
- Chipotle Tofu Breakfast Burrito >
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito >
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito >
If you’re craving another unique burrito recipe, you’ll love this Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Burrito! >
Looking for more lunches made easy? Get healthy meals delivered with Nutrisystem! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 439
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 SmartCarbs, 2 PowerFuels, 2 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) cheddar or blue cheese
- 4 Tbsp. ranch, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil and nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss chicken in egg and then cornstarch until well coated.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from oven and toss in buffalo sauce.
- Divide rice, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, celery and chicken among four bowls.
- Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of cheese 1 tablespoon of ranch.