Upgrade your salad game with this tasty twist on a classic Cobb salad! Crunchy, creamy and colorful, every bite is filled with fabulous flavor and nutritious ingredients. Featuring a homemade Green Goddess dressing, the protein-packed lunch combines tender chicken with hunks of rich avocado, hard boiled eggs and non-starchy vegetables. Fuel your day and get in your greens with our Green Goddess Cobb Salad recipe!
This healthy cobb salad recipe was inspired by the popular lunchtime pick from Panera Bread. However, our version is lower in calories and weight loss-friendly! While Panera Bread’s Green Goddess Cobb Salad with Chicken contains 500 calories*, our perfectly portioned option clocks in at just 300 calories.
How to Make Our Green Goddess Cobb Salad
The first step to preparing this easy salad is whipping up the Green Goddess dressing. You’ll need a few fresh herbs, including fresh tarragon, chives and parsley. Chop these up and toss them in a blender with lemon juice, white wine vinegar and olive oil. Blend the mixture until smooth, then add in light mayonnaise and nonfat plain Greek yogurt to make it nice and creamy. Continue blending until smooth and season with black pepper to taste.
Next, grab a large salad bowl to put together your finished meal. Place mixed greens at the bottom of the bowl, such as arugula, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce and kale. Add in halved cherry tomatoes and chopped red onions. Now onto the good stuff: diced avocado, low sodium turkey bacon, halved hard boiled eggs, chopped grilled chicken and crumbled feta cheese.
Toss the cobb salad ingredients together and drizzle the Green Goddess dressing over top. Gently work the dressing into the salad before serving up this hearty yet healthy dish!
If you’re losing weight on the Nutrisystem program, you can log each serving of this Green Goddess Cobb Salad recipe as two PowerFuels, three Extras and one Vegetable serving in your NuMi app journal.
There’s no rule that says you can’t add more non-starchy veggies! Choose the vegetables you like best to create a custom salad that you love. They are unlimited on the Nutrisystem plan, so feel free to add more to make the salad bigger and more filling.
Try out a new salad green or toss in different crunchy toppings like bell peppers, carrots or radishes. And don’t be afraid to make other healthy swaps! If you’re not a fan of grilled chicken, try the salad with grilled steak instead. Try different herbs in the salad dressing to give it a whole new flavor profile. The choice is yours!
Even More Great Recipes
Spice up your salad routine with these other Nutrisystem-approved salad recipes :
- Arugula Beet Salad with Orange Slices >
- Cacao Citrus Salad >
- Beetroot and Quinoa Superfood Salad >
- Fall Spinach Salad with Apple Vinaigrette >
- Blueberry Peach Feta Salad >
- Roasted Jalapeno Quinoa and Chickpea Salad >
- Fig Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Pomegranate Arugula Salad >
- Farro Roasted Vegetable Salad >
- Cucumber Vinegar Salad >
- Balsamic Beet and Goat Cheese Salad >
- Asian Cashew and Farro Salad >
- Apple Chicken Cobb Salad >
Hungry for more delicious meals inspired by your favorite restaurants? Check out the NEW Restaurant Faves from Nutrisystem! Inspired by meals from popular restaurants and portioned with half the calories, these deliciously indulgent dishes provide the same famous flavor but none of the guilt. Learn more here! >
Nutrisystem delivers your favorite foods made weight loss-friendly! Get started with a meal plan today >
*Information taken from company website on 12/28/2021.
Calories per Serving: 300
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 3 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 4 cups mixed greens (arugula, kale, romaine, red lettuce, etc.)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- 4 slices turkey bacon, low sodium, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 4 oz. grilled chicken, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a blender, combine the tarragon, chives, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and yogurt and continuing blending until smooth. Season with black pepper.
- In a salad bowl, combine all of the Cobb Salad ingredients. Drizzle the Green Goddess Dressing over the salad and gently toss before serving.