Easy Homemade Ramen Noodle BowlRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Ramen noodles are made healthy in this veggie-packed recipe that fits into your weight loss plan! Featuring a medley of fresh ingredients and whole lot of flavor, this tasty Ramen Noodle Bowl is sure to become your go-to lunch.
What Goes Into A Healthy Ramen Noodle Bowl
Don’t be turned off by all of the ingredients in this meal. It’s actually quite simple to make! Simply grab a stockpot and heat some sesame oil over medium heat. Add shredded carrots and sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook for two minutes. Toss in some grated ginger and minced garlic and cook for another minute.
Next up, broth! You can use either chicken broth or vegetable broth, just make sure that it’s low sodium. Pour it into your stockpot with rice vinegar and sriracha. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for five minutes. Add your ramen noodles (we recommend a whole grain variety such as Lotus Foods Rice Ramen) and cook for two to three minutes or until the noodles are full cooked.
Finally, stir in chopped kale and deshelled edamame before dividing the ramen noodles equally among six bowls. Top with green onions, sesame seeds and a boiled egg before serving.
Keep This Easy Ramen Recipe Handy
In the future, if you are looking for more easy ramen recipes that keep you on track for weight loss, swap out these vegetables for what you already have in your fridge.
This recipe makes six servings, so it’s perfect for your weekly meal prep. One serving contains just 301 calories. Losing weight with Nutrisystem? You can log this hearty dish in your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable serving.
Healthy Hack: You can easily pump up the protein in this Ramen Noodle Bowl by adding half of a PowerFuel! Try it with one ounce of shredded chicken or steak, then round it up to two PowerFuels per serving.
Looking for more healthy, Asian-inspired recipes? Check out these other delicious ideas:
- Asian Edamame Power Bowl >
- Sweet and Sour Chicken >
- Chicken and Vegetable Wontons >
- Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad >
- Sushi Tuna Tower >
- Sesame Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry >
- Savory Pork Egg Roll Bowl >
- Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce >
- Air Fryer Crab Wontons >
- Chinese Cabbage with Spicy Garlic Ginger Sauce >
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp >
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet Cilantro Sauce >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about our simple meal plans or shop our full menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 301
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups mushroom slices
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- Sriracha, to taste
- 2 packages or cakes of whole grain ramen noodles (such as Lotus Foods Rice Ramen), no flavor packets
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups edamame, deshelled
- 6 eggs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat sesame oil in stockpot to medium heat. Add carrots and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Add broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add ramen and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Stir in kale and edamame.
- Divide equally among 6 bowls. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds (optional).
- To cook the egg, bring a pot of water to boil. Add eggs to boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. Immediately take out the eggs and put in an ice bath for a few minutes. Gently peel eggs and cut in half to serve with each bowl.