Satisfy your candy cravings with a sweet peppermint treat! Halloween is almost here and we all deserve a little something special on our menu. These six-ingredient Halloween Peppermint Gems are filled with the flavors of your favorite candy but with an unexpected twist. Enjoy the classic combination of chocolate and peppermint with a hint of coconut in each bite. It’s a quick and easy no-bake dessert recipe that the whole family is sure to love!
Not a fan of peppermint? You can easily replace the extract with a different flavor that you enjoy! There are many different extracts, so don’t be afraid to experiment. Try it with orange, lemon, raspberry, strawberry or even coconut for fruity, tropical treat.
One serving of this Halloween candy recipe clocks in under 100 calories (94 to be exact!). It counts as three Extras on the Nutrisystem program. You are allotted three Extras per day, so be sure to keep track of them in your food journal for the best results! The NuMi app by Nutrisystem makes it easy to stay organized and on-plan during the busy holiday season. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
We may have served these little gems in a Halloween candy bag but feel free to enjoy them anytime of the year! Peppermint is perfect during the Christmas holiday season and coconut is delicious during the summer months. Consider this a year-round recipe to crush those candy cravings!
Looking for more minty treats? Get some mintspiration with the recipes below:
- Iced Protein Peppermint Cookies >
- Skinny Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites >
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream >
- Chocolate Peppermint Cups >
- 14-Calorie Mint Chocolate Meringues >
- Mint Chocolate Chip Pudding >
- Chocolate Mint Cookies >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about our simple meal plans! >
Calories per Serving: 94
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 2 Tbsp. coconut manna
- 2 tsp. water
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. coconut oil
- Mix together the coconut manna, water, peppermint extract and syrup.
- Freeze the peppermint mixture on wax paper for about 5 to 10 minutes or until you can form the batter into 1 teaspoon-sized balls.
- Freeze the peppermint gems for another 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until melted, stirring frequently.
- Quickly dip the peppermint gems into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Place in the freezer to harden.