Wake up to the classic flavors of your childhood with our Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins recipe! Featuring a moist peanut butter exterior and a sweet strawberry surprise inside, these little muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast for the whole family.
To make these flavorful muffins, get started by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners. You can also coat it with a nonstick cooking spray if you don’t have any cupcake liners. Mix together the dry ingredients of the muffin base, which consists of whole wheat pasty flour, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. These include unsweetened applesauce, an egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and nonfat plain Greek yogurt. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
Now that the muffin batter is ready, pour half of the mixture into the muffin tins. You will be making 12 muffins total. Spoon one teaspoon of the strawberry jam into each muffin cup, making sure it’s in the middle of the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the jam mixture and use a spoon to spread it out so it covers the jam. Bake the muffins for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Pro Tip: Choose a strawberry jam with no added sugar! You can also try making your own homemade strawberry chia jam with our 3-ingredient recipe. Check it out here! >
You can enjoy two Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins per serving. This contains 269 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, you can log them in the NuMi app as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and two Extras. Want to pump up the protein with another PowerFuel? Top your muffins with chopped peanuts or some crunchy peanut butter!
Peanut butter and jelly is a classic flavor combination that people of all ages love. Enjoy a creative take on this childhood favorite with our Peanut Butter and Jelly Bowl recipe! It features steel cut oats, unsweetened almond milk, nonfat Greek yogurt, peanut butter and a homemade strawberry chia jam. It’s another healthy breakfast to keep you satisfied and energized all day! Click here to try the recipe. >
Pining for more peanut butter? Check out these other healthy peanut butter recipes below:
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups >
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana S’mores >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles >
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Rice Krispies >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science and over 45 years of experience. Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today! >
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 2 muffins)
Calories per Serving: 269
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (12 tsp.) strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin pan with liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix applesauce, egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, syrup and yogurt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour half the mixture into the muffin tins. Spoon 1 teaspoon of jam into the middle of the batter in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter and use spoon to spread the batter so that it covers the jam.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.