If you’re looking for a gourmet twist on the classic Thanksgiving dinner, this Turkey Roulade is the perfect recipe. Turkey breast is filled with a seasonal stuffing made from butternut squash, cranberries, spinach and fresh herbs. We fit your entire holiday feast into one healthy, seven-ingredient meal.
While we all enjoy mom’s homemade holiday recipes, it can be hard to stick to your weight loss plan with so many not-so-diet-friendly options. In this delicious turkey dinner, we keep things light and healthy while still keeping the Thanksgiving vibes you know and love. Fresh sage and thyme provide the classic Thanksgiving flavors, while turkey stays front and center at your dinner table. This recipe makes a total of six servings, so it’s perfect for feeding the whole family.
One serving of this Turkey Roulade clocks in under 200 calories! It counts as two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Want to add a SmartCarb? Pair it with a satisfying, high-fiber option like half of a baked sweet potato, some brown rice or fall-inspired quinoa! Stay on track with your weight loss goals this holiday by logging your Thanksgiving dinner in the NuMi app. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi. >
Fill up your Thanksgiving menu with healthy meals, side dishes and desserts! Check out the other holiday-inspired recipes below:
- Sheet Pan Potatoes and Pears >
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Bread >
- Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes >
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie >
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Two Step Herb Mashed Potatoes >
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Applesauce >
- Simple Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Skinny Mashed Sweet Potatoes >
Reach your weight loss goals this holiday season with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Get started with a weight loss plan today!
Calories per Serving: 199
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 2 lb. turkey breast
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 3 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Steam butternut squash until soft.
- In a large pan, add spinach and cranberries. Cover and cook until the spinach has wilted and cranberries are soft.
- Stir in chopped thyme, sage and cooked butternut squash. Set aside.
- Butterfly turkey breast and lay on a cutting board. Place plastic wrap over the turkey and thin out with a kitchen mallet.
- Season the turkey breast with black pepper. Place a spoonful of the squash filling onto the turkey breast, leaving about ½-inch boarder around all sides.
- Cut butcher twine into 5 long pieces.
- Roll up the turkey, keeping all of the stuffing inside. Keep rolling until you have a long log. With seam-side-down, tie the turkey with twine.
- Carefully transfer the turkey roulade onto the parchment-lined baking tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 375°F and cook for another 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting twine and slicing.