Halloween Pesto Pasta Stuffed Peppers (Low-Carb Recipe!)Recipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Looking for a fun and festive low-carb Halloween recipe? Look no further than these spooky stuffed peppers! This recipe is easy to make and is sure to please everyone at your table. Plus, it’s healthy too, so you can feel good about indulging in a little bit of Halloween fun. Get ready to trick or treat yourself with this delicious dinner!
How to Make a Halloween Pasta Dinner
Halloween is around the corner, and that means one thing: treats! But if you’re trying to watch your carb intake, you might be looking for a healthier option. Never fear, we’ve got you covered with this delicious Halloween Pesto Pasta Stuffed Peppers recipe! It’s low-carb and packed with flavor, so you can indulge without feeling guilty.
Made with orange bell peppers, zucchini pasta and pesto sauce, these spooky little stuffed peppers are a fun and easy Halloween dinner side dish that the whole family will love. And best of all, they’re low-carb and gluten-free!
These Halloween Pesto Pasta Stuffed Peppers are sure to be a hit at your Halloween party. To make them, simply cut the tops off of orange bell peppers and remove the seeds. Then carve a face on the exterior of each pepper like a jack-o-lantern.
Next, toss spiralized zucchini pasta in pesto sauce. You can make these yourself with a spiralizer and a whole zucchini, or buy them pre-cut from your grocery store. If you want to cook the zoodles, add them to a skillet and sauté over medium heat until warm. Finally, stuff the zucchini pasta into the bell peppers and you’re done!
This Halloween pasta recipe makes four servings. Each serving contains just 84 calories. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, be sure to log each serving as one Extra and two Vegetable servings in your NuMi app journal.
Halloween is a great time to get creative in the kitchen – and these Halloween Pesto Pasta Stuffed Peppers are the perfect way to do it! You can easily customize the recipe to your liking.
If you want to add a SmartCarb, use whole wheat spaghetti instead of zoodles (or use half of each!). Swap out the pesto with your favorite sauce, such as marinara sauce or alfredo sauce. You can also add a PowerFuel to the mix, like ground beef, grilled chicken or even cooked shrimp.
More Healthy Halloween Recipes
Serve up these other healthy Halloween-themed treats at your holiday party:
- Halloween Peppermint Gems >
- Spider Deviled Eggs >
- Spooktacular Orange Pumpkins >
- Apple Peanut Butter Monster Mouths >
- 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Bites >
- Bewitched Cheese Broomsticks >
- Chocolate Banana Ghosts >
- Halloween Popcorn Hands Treat >
- Frankenstein Kiwi >
- Chocolate Pumpkin Truffle Balls >
- 3-Ingredient Candy Corn Fruit Parfait >
- Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Cups >
- Turkey and Hummus Mummies >
- Spider French Onion Dip >
- Creepy Carrot Fingers and Hummus >
Calories per Serving: 84
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Extra and 2 Vegetables
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 4 cups spiralized zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. pesto sauce
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and remove the seeds. Carve a face on the exterior of each pepper.
- Toss spiralized zucchini pasta in pesto sauce.
- Optional: If you want to cook the zoodles, add them to a skillet and sauté over medium heat until warm.
- Stuff zucchini pasta into the bell peppers.