Orange Pomegranate Glazed Salmon with Potatoes and Brussels SproutsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Sweet, savory and satisfying, this seasonal salmon supper is the ultimate holiday meal! Featuring the flavors of fresh squeezed orange juice and the crunch of tart pomegranate seeds, every bite of this Orange Pomegranate Glazed Salmon is filled with delicious taste and nutritious ingredients. Two healthy and hearty side dishes complete this Christmas dinner, including roasted fingerling potatoes and filling, fiber-rich brussels sprouts.
Add a little sweetness to your holiday fish dinner with fresh fruit. Oranges and pomegranates are holiday staples that pair perfectly together, so we combined them into one tasty meal. First, we prepared a homemade orange glaze to pour over the salmon fillet. To make it, simply combine two cloves of minced garlic, two and a half teaspoons of fresh chopped rosemary, the juice of one orange, one teaspoon of orange zest and one and a half tablespoons of honey in a small bowl. Pour the glaze over a two-pound salmon fillet, then top it with a slices of orange. Finally, sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top of the orange glazed salmon before baking.
In addition to this sweet and savory salmon, this dinner also includes two baked veggie side dishes. They are super simple to make and only require a handful of basic ingredients. Place three cups of fingerling potatoes and four cups of halved brussels sprouts onto a lined baking sheet. Coat them in one tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of black pepper. Bake them according to the directions below and serve them up with your Orange Pomegranate Glazed Salmon!
This healthy holiday dinner makes a total of six servings. Each serving contains 348 calories. Losing weight on Nutrisystem? You can log this Flex meal as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving in your NuMi app journal.
Enjoy the health benefits of salmon while enjoying a healthy meal! From burgers to power bowls, we have plenty of tasty ideas for your weight loss menu. Get inspired by some of our most popular salmon recipes below:
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
- Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Crostini >
- Miso Salmon with Kale and Beets >
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon >
- Salmon Burger with Herb Cream Sauce >
- One-Pan Maple Glazed Salmon >
- Salmon Tahini Power Bowl >
- Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Asparagus & Rice >
- Old Bay Salmon Cakes >
- Grilled Feta Salmon Burger >
- Spicy Smoked Salmon Roll >
- One Pan Salmon, Brussels Sprouts and Squash >
Looking for more healthy and easy dinner ideas? Nutrisystem delivers your favorite meals right to your door! They’re perfectly portioned for weight loss and are great for a busy schedule. Learn more about our meals plans! >
Calories per Serving: 348
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 3 cups fingerling potatoes
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs. salmon fillet
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 oranges, one juiced and one sliced
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 ½ Tbsp. honey
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potatoes and Brussel sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Season with black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove Brussel sprouts if fully roasted and potatoes are not finished yet.
- Turn oven down to 300°F. Leave potatoes in oven if not fully cooked through yet.
- Orange Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
- Pat salmon dry and seasoning with black pepper. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, juice of one orange, orange zest and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour glaze over salmon fillet. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- Place slices of one orange around fillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Then broil for 1-2 minutes.