Lemon Zest Ricotta CreamRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Customer Submitted, Snacks, Desserts
When life gives you lemons, make Lemon Zest Ricotta Cream! If you’re searching for a sweet snack to get in your protein, this creamy, dreamy and lemony recipe will be your go-to treat.
This user generated recipe was submitted through our Recipe Submission page by Leaf visitor and retired school teacher, Gerald. If you’ve come up with an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, we want to hear about it! Make sure to share your own homemade creations and they could be posted here on The Leaf. Your recipe could help many people stick to their weight loss plan while enjoying delicious food.
There are many ways to use this Lemon Zest Ricotta Cream. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Top with berries and enjoy it with a spoon like yogurt.
- Spread it onto toast and top with fruit, chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey.
- Use it as the cheese on a dessert pizza. Top your pie with fresh mint and assorted fruit.
- Enjoy a dollop on our Buttermilk Waffles, Homestyle Pancakes or High Protein Pancake Mix.
- Use it as the filling in our Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries.
One serving of this Lemon Zest Ricotta Cream contains 183 calories and counts as two PowerFuels on the Nutrisystem program. If you make any adjustments or additions using the ideas above, just make sure to keep track of your food intake by using a food journal. The NuMi app is specifically designed for your Nutrisystem plan and is completely FREE to download!
Nothing says summer like chilled fruity recipes! Try out some of our fresh and fun desserts below:
- No-Bake Strawberry Pie Parfait >
- Taste of the Tropics Coconut Mango Frozen Yogurt >
- Blueberry Almond Nice Cream >
- Strawberry Pineapple Popsicles >
- Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles >
- Strawberry Delight Frozen Yogurt >
- Banana Split “Nice” Cream >
- Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cherry Sorbet >
- Raspberry Lime Protein Popsicles >
Love lemon? Stock up on our Lemon Zest Cake! >
Have a favorite recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your Flex meal creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf!
Calories per Serving: 183
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- ¼ tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. zero-calorie sweetener
- Mix all ingredients and chill.