Roasted Tomato Ricotta ToastRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Snacks
Looking for a delicious and easy way to spruce up your everyday toast? This Roasted Tomato Ricotta Toast recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It’s easy, simple, healthy and incredibly delicious. Plus, it’s loaded with flavor and nutrients. So give it a try today!
An Easy and Healthy Ricotta Tomato Toast Recipe
If you’re looking for a new and tasty way to enjoy your toast, then you have to try this simple toast recipe. Ricotta Tomato Toast is a healthy and delicious meal or snack that’s great any time of the day. It could even be used as a simple appetizer for your next dinner party or get-together.
You get a variety of tastes and textures with each bite of this healthy toast recipe. The whipped ricotta is light and fluffy, and the tomatoes are soft and juicy. The basil adds a nice pop of flavor. And the best part is, it’s super easy to make. You won’t be disappointed!
First, preheat your oven to 400°F. Then, toss large chunks of tomatoes and sliced shallots in olive oil and season them with black pepper. Bake the vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes, until they’re soft and juicy.
While the vegetables are roasting, place some part skim ricotta cheese and crushed garlic in a food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is light and fluffy. When the tomatoes are done cooking, toast some multigrain bread and spread on the whipped ricotta.
Top the ricotta toast with the roasted tomatoes and shallots. Finally, garnish the toast with chopped basil, and enjoy!
This recipe makes four servings, so it’s great for a quick lunch or snack for the whole family. On a Nutrisystem weight loss plan? You can log each 154-calorie serving as one SmartCarb and half of a PowerFuel in your NuMi app journal.
This tasty toast recipe is super easy to customize, so have fun and get creative! Choose your favorite fiber-rich bread, like whole grain or honey wheat. You could even use slices of sourdough or rye bread depending on the flavor profile you’re going for.
Add different spices to the whipped ricotta for a completely different taste. You could sprinkle some smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin or even red pepper flakes for a spicy kick. The fresh basil could also be replaced with another herb, like parsley, rosemary or oregano.
If you didn’t know, non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on the Nutrisystem program. That means you can add as many as you’d like to your Nutrisystem meals and Flex recipes! Pile your Ricotta Tomato Toast high with your favorite non-starchy options, such as fresh spinach, onions, mushrooms or cucumber slices. Enjoy them cooked or raw, the choice is yours!
More Tasty Toast Recipes
If you love the taste of creamy ricotta atop crusty bread, be sure to try our sweet version of ricotta toast. Get the recipe for our Fruit and Honey Ricotta Toast right here! >
Do you like your toast sweet, savory or a little of both? However you like to top your toast, we have a recipe for you! Get inspired by the other healthy and delicious toast recipes below:
- Avocado Egg Toast >
- Churro French Toast Roll-Ups >
- Apple Pecan Yogurt Toast >
- Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast >
- Mexican Sweet Potato Toast >
- Air Fryer Yogurt Custard Toast >
- Mediterranean Avocado Toast >
- Sesame Avocado Toast >
- 5-Ingredient English Muffin French Toast >
- Baked Egg and Toast Cups >
- Blueberry Nut Sweet Potato Toast >
- Grapefruit Avocado Toast >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast >
- BLT Avocado Toast >
Calories per Serving: 154
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and ½ PowerFuel
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. sliced shallots or yellow onions
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss tomatoes and shallots in olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until tomatoes are soft and juicy.
- Place ricotta and garlic in a food processor or blender and blend until light and fluffy.
- Toast bread and spread with the whipped ricotta.
- Top ricotta toast with tomatoes and shallots. Garnish with chopped basil.