Holiday Herb Butter Roast Beef with Potatoes and CarrotsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Holiday supper is served! Hearty, healthy and chockful of herbaceous flavor, this recipe for Holiday Herb Butter Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots is just what your dinner table needs this Christmas.
Tender, oven-roasted beef is coated in a rich and savory blend of fresh herbs and light butter, then baked to perfection with sweet carrots and hearty potatoes. Perfect for winter weather (and your weight loss plan), it’s an elevated twist on meat and potatoes that you’ll be craving all season!
Preparing a flavorful beef dinner with two tasty sides may seem like a lot of work. However, this dish is easy to prepare, with simple preparation and common ingredients. The roast beef and vegetables also come together in the same baking dish, which means there is one less thing to clean after the meal is done!
This recipe for Holiday Herb Butter Roast Beef with Potatoes and Carrots makes a total of 12 servings, so it works perfectly if you’re having guests over for the holidays. But if you’re Christmas is a little quiet this year, that means more leftovers for you to enjoy all week. Talk about healthy meal prep made easy! If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log each 320-calorie serving as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving in your NuMi app journal.
Ready for dessert? Get inspired by the healthy and festive recipes below!:
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip >
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake >
- Strawberry Santa Hats >
- Iced Protein Peppermint Cookies >
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate >
- Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- Crustless Cranberry Pie >
- No-Bake Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites >
- No-Bake Candy Cane Pudding Cups >
- Almond Joy Hot Chocolate >
Looking for more dinners made easy? Nutrisystem is the plan for you! We cook up healthier, perfectly portioned versions of your favorite foods and deliver them straight to your door. Get started today! >
Calories per Serving: 320
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 4 lb. beef top round roast, trimmed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ onion, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups baby potatoes
- 6 cups carrots, sliced
- Kitchen twine
- Mix parsley, thyme, rosemary, garlic and onion together. Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture and set it aside.
- Add Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the original herb mixture and stir well.
- Butterfly the roast by slicing the beef down the center and opening up the fold.
- Spread the Dijon mixture over the interior of the meat. Fold it back up and tie with kitchen twine. Season the outside of the roast beef with black pepper.
- Cover and let the beef rest for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Place the carrots and potatoes in baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet set to medium-high heat. Sear the beef on all sides, until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the beef to the baking dish with the potatoes and carrots. Bake for 1:20-1:45 hours, until meat temperature reaches 125°F.
- Remove beef and place onto a cutting board. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F and continue cooking the potatoes and carrots.
- Mix the remaining herb mixture that was set aside in step 1 with butter. Spread the herb butter on top of beef. Tent with foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice the beef thinly and serve with cooked potatoes and carrots.